VB .NET - Wordsearch puzzle solver (#1)

Hello, world!
So, this is my first post containing actual content! I'll “soon” be uploading a video to my YouTube channel about this Wordsearch solver I made. The footage I recorded is 4 HOURS LONG and I need to edit all of them and keep only the useful stuff. I'll update the link here once it's done.

Updates about the video

  • 26/May/2018: Edit progress - 22% of the original duration
  • 28/May/2018: Screw Windows Movie Maker, the 4th clip which I finished editing stops exporting at around 90%, saying one of my fileS are missing… maybe re-encode the clip… This is the 5th time it's failing after trying everything.
  • 31/Mar/2019: Wait, did a year almost pass by? Wow, time goes fast… Regarding the updates, I kinda realized that nobody is gonna watch 4 hours of a video (I guess that must've been obvious to me). I am planning to instead just forget this 4-hour recorded footage, and record myself explaining the final code. Seems better, eh?


Features

It'll feature the following:
  • Rows and columns adjustment
  • Words list containing the words to search for
  • Word directions specification (eg: forward, backward, diagonal, etc) on all 8 directions
  • Marking all instances/occurences of a word
  • Searches the selected word from the words list

How to use

Here's a brief explanation on how to use it:
  1. Adjust accordingly to how many rows/columns your wordsearch puzzle has. This will set the grid size so you can enter the values correctly.
    1. Type in the number of rows
    2. Type in the number of columns
    3. Click on “Update grid dimensions”
  2. Type each word you want to find in the textbox below the list, and click on the “” icon.
    To remove/delete one or more words from the list, select them and click on the “” icon.
  3. There are eight checkboxes which let you choose the directions by which to search the words for. Each checkbox represents the direction it's pointing at, from the center.
    For example, if the words will be in a top-left diagonal direction, choose the top-left checkbox from the eight.
  4. Type in all the letters of the wordsearch puzzle on to the grid.
    One advantage/shortcut you'll have is that, if you fill in one cell of the grid, it'll automatically move on to the next cell. If you're at the end of the grid, it'll loop back to the first cell.
  5. Select a single word from the words list and click on the “Find selected word” button.
    Doing this will mark all instances/occurences of the selected word on the grid with a specific color (lime green #00FF00 till now, I'll try adding color choices later).

Screenshots

Here are some screenshots:

Feedback and improvements

What do you think of all this? Got any ideas? Or just want an executable version of that? Tell me in the comments below! You don't need to have a Google account or something of that sort, you can also comment anonymously (although it'll be good if you use one)!
I'm in for all feedback. Share this blog/post to your friends by clicking on the Share icon on the top!

Comments

Some of the popular stuff from my blog:

Sarcastic text generator

PQWERT Generator